What information do SHOPIFY collect from merchants’ (Naomidavid Babywear) customers and why?
Shopify collect merchants’ customers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate, information about the Shopify-supported merchant stores that you visit, and information about the device and browser you use.
- Shopify use this information to provide their merchants with the Services, including supporting and processing orders, risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. Shopify also use this information to improve our Services.
- If you opt into Shopify Pay, Shopify store and use this information to pre-fill your checkout information. Shopify additionally use this information to help customize and improve your experience when you visit a merchant store by presenting to you goods and service that are more likely to be of interest to you.
Shopify use some of the personal information you provide to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, Shopify use certain personal information (for example, IP addresses or payment information) to automatically block certain potentially fraudulent transactions for a short period of time.
When do Shopify collect this information?
Shopify collect this information when you use or access a store that uses Shopify`s Services, such as when you visit a merchant’s site, place an order or sign up for an account on a merchant’s site.
Shopify also collect this information when you opt into Shopify Pay, or use Shopify Pay to pre-fill your checkout information.
Additionally, SHopify partner with third parties who provide information about Shopify merchants’ customers, for example to help screen out merchants associated with fraud.
When and why do Shopify share this information with third parties?
Shopify works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide our merchants with the Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
Shopify may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- If the merchant whose store you visit or access directs us to transfer this information (for example, if they enable a third party app that accesses customer personal information).
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires Shopify`s business or the business of a merchant whose store you visit or access, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding.
Shopify is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).